Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Blog Platform

I already have an account with blogger for my 107 class, so I decided to stick with Blogger for this class as well. I found a website that compared all of the popular blog websites and it said that blogger is one of the easiest blog platforms to set up and use right away. Sometimes I am a little slow with technology so I like that it was so easy to set up. I made a separate blog for this class and it maybe took me a minute to fill out the questions. The website that I found also talked about wordpress.com and joomla.com. it said that both were more complicated to set up. However, joomla.com seemed to be the hardest to set up and required you to install a bunch of things on your computer, which I don't like to do, so Blogger seemed even better to me. It also talked about an Xanga, which I used in 8th and 9th grade not knowing it was a blogging site, so that was kinda funny. I went and actually found my old Xanga site and shut it down. It looked exactly as I left it, which made me realize that everything stays on the Internet until you take it off. It has been 5 years since I have posted on Xanga, or even looked at it, so who knows who has seen my posts in that long amount of time...kinda scary.

Anyway I really decided to stay with Blogger because it is so easy, and I only plan on using these blogs for class purposes. So having something that is so easy and quick to used when I have an assignment it awesome :). I'm sure there are other easy ones out there too, but at least I already knew how to use it from my 107 class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment