Monday, December 6, 2010

Final Presentation Reflection

When I was trying to look for an easy lesson in Psychology to teach a class of 18+ year olds I came across a lot of great lessons. However most of the lessons I really liked called for something to be done, or to have happened previously. Of course I couldn't ask my class to complete a dream journal or to memorize the Psychology Theorists, so I started to struggle a bit. But then I came across this great memory lesson. It was short, sweet, and to the point. So I decided to go with it. I found that integrating technology into it was actually really easy, and if it weren't for Google I'd probably be lost. I integrated a Google Docs Forum (quiz) and a Google Presentation feature. Online when I was creating them, they were so easy I couldn't help but think that I needed to do more. However, that was the great part. I figured out how to integrate technology into my lesson for the sake of learning, and not just to use modern technology.

When I was teaching it to the class I thought things went pretty okay. Everyone was able to access the quiz and the presentation from the Wiki with ease and we didn't have any problems. So the lesson went very smoothly and was in the time limit. However, once I sat down and looked at my notes, I realized I had forgotten to go over a few things with the class. for example, I wanted to see what their results were from the first memory quiz, and I wanted to go over the presentation as a class. Those seemed kind of minor, but I'm sure they would have made the lesson make a little more sense to the class based on the feedback they gave me.

I also had them take a feedback quiz, and I got pretty much the same answers. Of course everyone said they liked it, and only a few spoke up about the negatives. Which were mostly about how there wasn't enough information supplied to them, but if I were to teach the lesson in real life the class would have had to research memory on there own. So that issue would have been resolved.

I guess overall I'm pretty pleased with my final project. If I could do it over I would make sure to add the two things I forgot (which might have put me over the time limit), but that's about it. I'm really happy with how smoothly the technology worked out, and I think the class might have walked away from my lesson actually learning something which was what I wanted. :)

I'm sad to be done with 109 though. It was a fun class and I actually learned so much about technology that I fully plan on using in the future. I have even started using some of it already now, which I think is pretty cool. : D

No comments:

Post a Comment